Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Bug or not a bug? dot expansion in ob-shell
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 15:27:59 +0000

On Friday, 21 Feb 2020 at 09:04, Bastien wrote:

[...]

> That said, we have three solutions:
>
> 1. Stick to a strict reading of Org and bash manuals: the absence of a
>    :results header means "return the value, i.e. the exit status".

[...]

> Obviously, nobody wants the first solution.

Respectfully, I disagree!  I think the first solution is the cleanest
and most correct one.  Yes, this means a change in the behaviour but the
current behaviour, in my opinion, is wrong given org and bash
documentation.

I definitely do not like the third option (yet another variable).

Thank you.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-354-g9d5880