Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 01:17:27 +0200

"Bruce D'Arcus" <address@hidden> writes:

> Another question on the syntax.
>
> Does it support something like this in the pandoc syntax?
>
> Doe [-@doe19] argues ...

No it doesn't. That seems reasonable to include. I add it to my TODO
list.

> The minus sign signals to suppress the author rendering, so that you
> end up with:
>
> Doe (2019)
>
> ... instead of:
>
> Doe (Doe, 2019)
>
> I know latex works differently, but this is simple, and very flexible.

Speaking of which, I read about the "citation modes", which may be
preferred over "suppress author". What are these citation modes? How do
you combine them if "suppress author" is one of the "citation modes". Do
citation modes apply on a reference, or a complete citation, which
possibly contains multiple references?

Also, on a related subject, now I remember [@key] is not a shorthand for
[cite:@key]; the former is meant as "author in text" style.

Nicolas Goaziou