Re: Bug: Small documentation errors [9.3.6 (9.3.6-29-g6a3dff-elpaplus @

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: Bug: Small documentation errors [9.3.6 (9.3.6-29-g6a3dff-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/27.0/develop/org-plus-contrib-20200406/)]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 08:59:46 -0300

Em [2020-04-12 dom 22:35:09+0000], Kyle Meyer escreveu:

> Thanks for sending this.  My personal preference would be more focused
> reports.  (And of course patches would be even better.)

Regarding patches, I feel I am too inexperienced at this moment to
efficiently write good patches.  It is possible, though, that I am just
unduly insecure.  Perfectionism and low self esteem combine to generate
a lot of insecurity.

> "Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <address@hidden> writes:
>> ** [[info:org#Plain Lists]]
>>
>> The description of `C-c -' inverts the effect of the prefix argument.
>
> I'm not seeing that behavior on my end.  With

> and a region spanning before "a" and after "b", hitting 'C-c -' gives me
>
>   - a
>   - b
>
> Hitting 'C-u C-c -' instead I get
>
>   - a

Yes, this is the behavior I get too.  But see what the manual says:

    If there is an active region when calling this, selected text is
    changed into *an item*.
[ my emphasis ]

It says `C-c -' changes the (potentially multiple) lines into *an item*
(singular).  With the prefix argument it says:

    With a prefix argument, all lines are converted to *list items*.
[ my emphasis ]

It says `C-c -' changes the (potentially multiple) lines into *list
items* (plural).

Regards
--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.