get the body of a heading up to the next subheading

From: John Kitchin
Subject: get the body of a heading up to the next subheading
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 19:04:10 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the body of a heading up to the next subheading. For example with this org file,

* quiz one

This is the description.
Use emacs for this.

** question 1
what is 40 + 2

If the point is in the first heading, I want to run a function that would return the string "This is the description.\nUse emacs for this."

I thought there was a simple way to do that, but so far it has eluded my google fu. Any hints?

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering