Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) have org-edit-special work inside non-environment LaTeX blocks, i.e. \( \) and \[ \]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 11:39:08 +0200

Timothy <address@hidden> writes:

> With your comments in mind I started by looking at org-edit-special,
> and managed to get as far as org-element--current-element: but at this
> point I'm stumped.

It sounds like you took the opposite route. I suggested to first write
a function, `org-edit-latex-fragment'.

Once done, you can insert it in `org-edit-special', but it boils down to
adding a line there, right below (`inline-src-block ...):

  (`latex-fragment (org-edit-latex-fragments))

You really don't need to mess with `org-element--current-element' for
this task.

> I'll look into getting FSF papers signed, it sounds like they may come
> in handy :)

Great!