Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blo

From: Brandon Guttersohn
Subject: Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blocks
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 19:02:08 -0500

Note that IIUC, for non-system includes to work, either

- the filenames must be absolute, or
- the compiler must be given -I arguments through org-babel-C-compiler.

This variable can be set (e.g. to "gcc -I .") with file or
directory-local variables.  Should we promote this method in NEWS?  A
downside is that the user will be warned about the variable's value
being potentially unsafe, and we can't really avoid that unless we throw
a blanket :safe #'stringp on this defcustom.

Yeah, when I used it, I just used an absolute path. It's not entirely intuitive.

Would it be reasonable to automatically add the value of (file-name-directory buffer-file-name) to GCC's search path when (1) non-system imports are used and (2) buffer-file-name is non-nil? If we do, then any header in the same directory as the *.org file should "just work".

Seems like it would be safe, and I'm happy to try putting that together if there's interest.