Org Spreadsheet Documentation Suggestion

From: Michael Partridge
Subject: Org Spreadsheet Documentation Suggestion
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 12:26:20 -0700

Hello,
In the spreadshconfidentendlyeet intro under "Column formulas and field formulas" starting with "Finally, we can add the row for the means per discipline..." there is no walkthrough and thus a great teaching opportunity missed.

I take it the writer intended for the reader to imply that we apply a similar formula using the row notation, and if they need a hint they can review the 'TBLFM' line. But, I would've liked to have discussion as to:
  1. Why the writer explicitly marked the cells instead of just using 'vmean(@2..@4)'?
  2. How to repeat this formula on the next cell in the row (the previous methods don't seem to work).

This would complete the tutorial and would have allowed me to jump right into my task confidently (save the fact that the Calc manual link is broken).

MCP