Re: Spreadsheet calc complex number display format

From: Rob Duncan
Subject: Re: Spreadsheet calc complex number display format
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 14:25:42 -0700

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 04:00:47PM -0700, Rob Duncan wrote:
>> Is there a way to specify the display format used for complex number
>> calculations in the table spreadsheet?  In particular I'd like to be
>> able control whether a value is displayed in rectangular or polar form.
>
> I often enforce two decimal places in my tables:
>
> #+TBLFM: @9$1=vsum(@-I..@-II);%0.2f
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Formula-syntax-for-Calc.html
>
> Can that help you with polar form?

Hi Russell,

I was initially hoping that there would be some kind of mode string that
would directly control this (perhaps something like `;I’ or `;J’ for
rectangular format, or `;P’ for polar format), but that isn't supported.
I don't quite see how to use your `;%f’ suggestion for this, though.
Can you elaborate?

I also tried messing around with org-calc-default-modes to no avail.

Thanks,

Rob.