incorrect documentation for file-desc header argument?

From: Matt Huszagh
Subject: incorrect documentation for file-desc header argument?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 21:35:13 -0700

Hello,

The org info documentation states

     The ‘file-desc’ header argument defines the description (see *note
     Link Format::) for the link.  If ‘file-desc’ has no value, Org uses
     the generated file name for both the “link” and “description” parts
     of the link.

However, if I evaluate the

#+BEGIN_SRC asymptote :results value file :file circle.pdf :output-dir img/
  size(2cm);
  draw(unitcircle);
#+END_SRC

I get

#+RESULTS:
[[file:img/circle.pdf]]

I believe the documentation (and this is corroborated by the discussion
of the original patch
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-04/msg00022.html)),
that the intended result is

#+RESULTS:
[[file:img/circle.pdf][file:img/circle.pdf]]

Is my assessment correct? Can anyone else confirm this bug?

Thanks
Matt