Re: make org-refile auto-recache when needed?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: make org-refile auto-recache when needed?
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 13:32:15 -0700

i recall wanting this at some point also, and also did not figure out
why one would not want it.

perhaps it thinks you will use an alternate to refiling if you know it
will be too slow.

but it's worth keeping in mind that caching has, or had, bugs.  in
particular, if refile targets are filtered [and you might have more
than one set], a single cache could seemingly get confused.  of course
a solution would be to filter late.

if there is anything else that can be done to speed up refile and
refile goto /without/ caching, that's definitely best.  you have
probably profiled, but make sure your completer [ivy, ido, helm] is
not the bottleneck.  i wish we could get rid of this cache.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

What is misopathy?
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html