Re: File local setting for export directory?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: File local setting for export directory?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:29:36 -0400

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 04:15:22PM +0200, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> I want to export an org file to a pdf and have the pdf created in
>> subdirectory relative to the org file.
>>
>> What's the simplest way to set the export directory in a file local way?
>
> Can you just set your EXPORT_FILE_NAME  to include that directory?
>
> #+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: subdir/Thing.html
>
> You might need a FQPN. You'll have to test.

Unfortunately, this produces the tex file in the subdir, but the
xelatex/pdflatex process is still run in the current directory, with
`subdir/file.tex' as input file, so it produces the PDF in the current
directory.

I was wondering why Eric A. suggested a patch, but I guess this
is the reason (N.B. I haven't tried his patch).

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler