Re: Bug: no math-mode detection for align-environment [9.3.7 (9.3.7-13-g

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: Bug: no math-mode detection for align-environment [9.3.7 (9.3.7-13-ge62ca4-elpaplus @ /home/stefi/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200713/)]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 08:55:51 +0200

Hi,

AUCTeX has taken back this change, realizing that texmathp.el is also used in contexts where the mechanisms of AUCTeX to find out about LaTeX packages being used does not work.  I do think this is already fixed in the latest AUCTeX version.  At least it is fixed in their git.

- Carsten

Carsten

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 7:09 AM Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:
Stefi writes:

> It might be a change to texmathp.el. It is part of Auctex and checks if
> math mode is on or off. I could not find align environment in the list
> of default environments. Maybe that has changed.
>
> However, I added align and align* to "Texmathp Tex Commands" from the
> customize browser (open a .tex file to customize auctex). Tab-expansion
> is working now. Can anyone confirm?
>
> In my .emacs, it added to custom-set-variables:
> '(texmathp-tex-commands (quote (("align*" env-on) ("align" env-on))))

Yes, that results in expansion on my end as well.

It looks like this issue was introduced with AUCTeX's 91701704 (Delete
overhead in extending font lock range of math _expression_, 2020-06-11).
If you're getting AUCTeX from ELPA, the regression is included the
current version there (12.2.4, 2020-06-29).

At the start of this month, it was fixed in f04a508f (Restore all math
environments in texmathp.el, 2020-08-01), so the issue should go away
with the next update that lands on ELPA.