Bug: org-capture entry sometimes ends without newline, garbles next head

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Bug: org-capture entry sometimes ends without newline, garbles next headline [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/Disy/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3.6/)]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 15:05:21 +0200

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Sometimes when I use org-capture to create a new headline, that headline
ends with a non-empty partial line that isn’t terminated by a newline.

This causes the next headline to be corrupted, because the * is appended
to the last line of the new entry.

Example:

* new entry
some text * old entry

I tried adding the empty-lines options and empty-lines-before and
empty-lines-after, but this did not fix the problem.

This sometimes causes entries to no longer be recognized as headlines,
so my task planning does not show them (for example in org-agenda view,
clocktable, and kanban.el).

It would be great if it could be ensured that capturing a new entry can
never modify the first line of another entry.

Best wishes,
Arne

--
Unpolitisch sein