Re: [BUG] org-agenda-filter and hyphens in category names

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-agenda-filter and hyphens in category names
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 19:21:00 +0200

Hi Matt,

> I'm just getting around to exploring the function org-agenda-filter
> introduced last year. (Due to busyness, I was running an older version
> of Org Mode last year for fear of breaking features I relied on.)
>
> I like the tab completion. However, I'm finding that the completion for
> categories often fails because of hyphens in my file and category names.

Thanks for reporting this.  I pushed a fix in the maint branch which
allows for such category names to be enclosed within double quotes
when the user wants to complete them -- the quotes helps not being
confused by the hyphen when reading the complete filter string, which
might contain other syntacticly meaningful hyphens.

I haven't fixed the case for filetags but shouldn't filetags follow
the same convention than mere tags of not allowing "-" ?

Let me know if I (or the documentation) miss something and if the
fix is good enough for you.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien