Re: buffer name of Org Src...

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: buffer name of Org Src...
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 14:18:46 +0100

On Monday, 12 Oct 2020 at 15:44, Greg Minshall wrote:
> in *my* case (with the project i'm currently working on), each source
> block in the .org file is a separately tangled file, and each source
> block could be tagged with a distinct '#+name:' value.

Using the name of the src block would be a nice enhancement.

> ps -- in case it's of interest: possibly i'm frustrated now, and wasn't

I understand your frustration but I've found the solution that works in
my case, when tangling a large number of blocks all to the same code
file.  The solution is to work on the code file directly, having tangled
with :comments on, and then detangle (org-bable-detangle) to get the src
blocks back in the original org file.  I do this particularly in the
early stages of code development when I'm continually running and
editing the code.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-57-g8402c4