Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

From: TEC
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 23:31:16 +0800

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

On Mon, Nov 02, 2020 at 02:56:58PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
(as an aside, Emacs as an LSP could be interesting, especially if
network based)

LSP is a standard from Microsoft:
https://github.com/Microsoft/language-server-protocol/

It allows networked JSON and telemetry, as well as all the other
problems that come from trusting the remote server:
https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/specifications/specification-current/#telemetry_event

Either of these items would provide justification for me to exclude LSP from any personal consideration, and for me to strongly recommend
against it's use in any capacity.

Microsoft and related technologies have no place in my Emacs. I don't
care to see Org made easy or functional in Visual Studio.

Why contribute to layers which allow an illegal monopoly more
market share? Why code for them for free?

Because it's supported by: Atom, Brackets, Delphi, Eclipse, Emacs, Kakoune, Kate,
VSCode, NeoVim, Sublime Text 3, JupyterLab, and more 🙃.

--
Timothy