Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 17:57:45 +0800

> org-store-link would work only within Emacs, not for the case of copying
> http links in the browser, right?

Indeed. If you want to copy "[[url][title]]" string directly from
browser, you should probably write a simple bookmarklet. I have seen
someone sharing it in reddit, but cannot find the comment anymore.
In any case, you might look at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5046972/copy-text-to-clipboard-from-bookmarklet
for ideas how to do it.

Also, you can capture webpage as a heading using org-capture +
org-protocol:
1. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/org-capture/
2.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/org-capture/kkkjlfejijcjgjllecmnejhogpbcigdc
3. https://seds.nl/notes/orgmode-firefox-bookmark/
4. https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref (shameless plug)

Or you can write a custom org-capture handler that invokes org-store-link

Best,
Ihor