Re: One vs many directories

From: Diego Zamboni
Subject: Re: One vs many directories
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 14:13:04 +0100

So I think this is bug in Emacs as Local-variables should be on the
end of the file.

According to the manual (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html#Specifying-File-Variables):

The start of the local variables list should be no more than 3000 characters from the end of the file

Given the length of the email, I guess this is why Emacs saw the variables as being within the correct range.

--Diego

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 12:57 PM Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 12:51, Jean Louis wrote:
> So I think this is bug in Emacs as Local-variables should be on the
> end of the file.

"end of file" is a rather loose term when it comes to local variables...
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-118-g2a4578.dirty