Re: strange behavior of @ in tag searches

From: Victor A. Stoichita
Subject: Re: strange behavior of @ in tag searches
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:26:30 +0100

Hmm, I tried on master (9140a712f) and maint (97f1d8e34) and can't
trigger the issue.

Am I overlooking some detail?

Ok, I managed to narrow it down to a particular aspect of my init file. I modify the syntax table for text modes to handle the meaning of some characters in French. In fact, te actual modification doesn’t seem to matter. The following is enough to trigger the described behavior:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda ()
  (set-syntax-table (make-syntax-table))))

After this, org-agenda starts behaving weirdly for tags that start with @ and use inheritance (behavior described in my first email).

For now, I changed my tags to not use @ any more.
Are there other aspects that I might miss if I alter the syntax table on ’text-mode-hook?

Victor