Re: M-s <left> is undefined.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: M-s <left> is undefined.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 08:38:31 +0800

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 12:02 AM Diego Zamboni <diego@zzamboni.org> wrote:

>> M-S-LEFT (org-table-delete-column)
>> Kill the current column.
>>
>> But the keystroke combination doesn't work as expected, instead it
>> triggers the following info in the bottom minibuffer:
>> M-s <left> is undefined.
>

> Which keys, exactly, are you pressing?

Really, it's my misapprehension on the key stroking sequence
corresponding to the EmacsKeyNotation M-S-LEFT. In fact, I've tried
the following keys pressing orders:

Alt + s + left-arrow
Alt + (left|right)-shift + s + left-arrow

> M-S-Left in Emacs Key Notation
> (https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsKeyNotation) refers to Meta-Shift-Left,
> which in my testing works as expected, but the message you see, as posted,
> corresponds to what happens when you press Meta-s (the letter S) followed by
> "Left".

Thanks, the following key stroking order does the trick:

Alt + shift + left-arrow

> Best,
> --Diego

Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China