Re: Org failing to format a link with verbatim text

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: Org failing to format a link with verbatim text
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 23:52:33 +0000

> On Feb 16, 2021, at 1:20 PM, Okam <okamsn+emacs-org@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am using the Emacs gccemacs branch with Org version "9.5-dev".
> I have noticed that when I try to insert the stored link
>
>     file:doc/loopy-doc.org::*Destructuring with =dash=
>
> and use the heading as the link description, that Org cannot format this
> link correctly in all circumstances, and tries to make the verbatim text
> break out from the link.

The last para of (info "(org) External Links") says in part:

#+begin_quote
If spaces must be part of the link (for example in
‘bbdb:R.*Stallman’), or if you need to remove ambiguities about the
end of the link, enclose the link in square or angular brackets.
#+end_quote

To me, this sounds like advice not to drop external links amid normal text.
i.e. put them in brackets instead.

HTH,

Chuck