Re: Bug: exporting a subtree to icalendar omits body of subtree [9.3 (re

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Bug: exporting a subtree to icalendar omits body of subtree [9.3 (release_9.3 @ /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:00:13 +0100

Stephen Eglen <sje30@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> With a simple test file /tmp/o.ics:
>

> ** test
>    <2021-03-18 Thu 15:00-16:00>
>    body of text

[...]

> If however when I export, I leave the point on line 1, and then do C-c
> C-e C-s c f I get the following calendar, with no events.
>
> Version 2
>

> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> VERSION:2.0
> X-WR-CALNAME:o
> PRODID:-//Stephen Eglen//Emacs with Org mode//EN
> X-WR-TIMEZONE:GMT
> X-WR-CALDESC:test
> CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
> END:VCALENDAR

When exporting a subtree, the top-level outline becomes the title of the
document, i.e., the document becomes morally equivalent to:

    #+title: test
    <2021-03-18 Thu 15:00-16:00>
    body of text

There is indeed no event to export in this case. Only level 2 outline
will become events. You may want to export region instead.

Nicolas Goaziou