Re: On the protection of emails in the archives

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: On the protection of emails in the archives
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 11:13:00 +0200

Guillaume

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 10:29:00AM +0200, Guillaume MULLER wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently sent an email on this mailing list (see
> https://orgmode.org/list/b1e778c5-acbf-8a17-c9bf-dcb6693e9845@univ-st-etienne.fr/
>  )

Yes you did, and the official archive is here where the list is hosted.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-04/msg00184.html

> Since then, I'm receiving spams on the email address I used to send the
> message.

Welcome to the tragedy of the commons known as the Internet.

> Would it be possible to configure the archive to obfuscate / hide the email
> addresses inorder to protect its users?

We do. The GNU mailing list archive that hosts the mailing list does.

I can't say regarding the other. Maybe someone else can check it.