Re: prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda?
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 20:01:27 +0200

>>> The only issue I still see, is that when you org-agenda-redo-all, or
>>> org-agenda-log-mode (which triggers org-agenda-redo-all), the
>>> prettify gets lost again. Maybe org-buffer-substring-fontified call is
>>> also required somewhere during org-agenda-redo-all?
>>
>> I managed to reproduce it. This time, I went through all the agenda.el
>> and updated places where the strings are fetched from Org buffers into
>> agenda. The updated patch is attached.
>
> Still forgot to update fontification in agenda tags view. Yet another
> update...

I think I'm still seeing the issue. For example, if i change (M-x
org-agenda-todo) a TODO item into next state ONGOING, which i have made
prettified:

  (push '("ONGOING" . "👷" ) prettify-symbols-alist)

So far so good. But as soon as I call org-agenda-redo-all, after the
agenda is refreshed, it changes back to text 'ONGOING'.

Apart from this, it works pretty well.

--
William