Re: Org mode manual export

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Org mode manual export
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 13:48:02 -0400

Thomas S. Dye writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> The Org mode FAQ on Worg correctly reports that the Org mode
> manual is written in Org mode, but it implies that it is exported
> to texinfo using pandoc--"You can export .org files to texinfo
> using Pandoc".
>
> I thought the manual was exported to texinfo with ox-texinfo, but
> I don't know for certain.
>
> Can someone confirm how the Org mode manual is exported to
> texinfo, please?

Yes, you're right that ox-texinfo is used.

In doc/Makefile there's

  org.texi orgguide.texi:       org-manual.org org-guide.org
        $(BATCH)                                      \
          --eval '(add-to-list `load-path "../lisp")' \
          --eval '(load "../mk/org-fixup.el")'        \
          --eval '(org-make-manuals)'

where org-make-manuals is defined in mk/org-fixup.el as

  (defun org-make-manuals ()
    "Generate the Texinfo files out of Org manuals."
    (require 'ox-texinfo)
    (dolist (manual '("../doc/org-manual.org" "../doc/org-guide.org"))
      (find-file manual)
      (org-texinfo-export-to-texinfo)))