Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 17:37:14 -0400

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 9:52 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Pandoc has an option to surround more complex locators, that might
> > confuse the parser, in braces.
> >
> > More:
> >
> > https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#extension-citations
> >
> > Is that feasible here too?
>
> I'd like to avoid this if possible. We'll see what we can do when we
> encounter such cases.

OK; that's fine.

I do want to make you aware of something planned for the next major
version of CSL; both the json input format, and the styling spec:

Multi-part locators, like "chapter 4, pages 23-24".

No point in worrying about it now, but it could impact how you think
about some details now.

Bruce