Re: suggestion to change default org-latex-pdf-process to latexmk

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: suggestion to change default org-latex-pdf-process to latexmk
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:47:44 -0400

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 12:30 PM Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> wrote:

> I'm beginning to think this change of the default should not
> happen. From this thread it seems to be that the chances of it breaking
> existing work flow is high.

I don't see how that follows. Can you clarify?

> I really don't understand why the changed is needed.

I've stated it twice, I believe, but it's now a longer thread, so:

Org is set to get native citation support.

Once that's merged, people who use this feature will be disappointed
to know that when using the natbib or biblatex export processors,
their citations and bibliographies will not render.

As in, from their perspective, it will be broken upfront.

Bruce