Re: convert subtree or nested list to table

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: convert subtree or nested list to table
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 15:10:16 +1000

Nearly every day, I'm filled with joy because I no longer have to battle
brain dead LMS!

If your forced to use HTML tables, that is a pain - it will be like
stepping back to the turn of the century when we used tables as the
basic layout structure.

It may be worthwhile verifying what/which styling the system strips. I
battled with one system which stripped in-line 'style' attributes, but
it did allow CSS blocks in the header.

It probably isn't too hard to write a function which will generate your
subtree as a table. One advantage working with HTML has over latex is
that you don't have to worry about lines and line breaks and can have
really long cell lines which will get wrapped in HTML rendering. The
complexity of your function will probably depend on how deeply your tree
goes and how much data is in each node.

--
Tim Cross