[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Bug: Unexpected behavior marking recurring tasks as DONE

From: Alan Ristow
Subject: Re: Bug: Unexpected behavior marking recurring tasks as DONE
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:47:24 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.11.0

Hi Bhavin,

On 7/8/21 8:19 PM, Bhavin Gandhi wrote:
Hello Alan,

Thank you for sharing a detailed description.
I think this is same issue as reported in this bug report:

Thank you for the pointer to this -- clearly I missed it in my initial search of the mailing list archive, but I agree it appears to be the same issue. I'm glad to know that somebody has reproduced it.

Second, if I bulk-process a habit via org-agenda-bulk-action, the task
is simply marked DONE. Bot the recurrence and the LAST_REPEAT field
are ignored, but the time stamp is only entered into the LOGBOOK once:

** DONE Walk
    CLOSED: [2021-07-07 Wed 11:26] SCHEDULED: <2021-07-07 Wed .+1d>
    :STYLE:  habit
    :LAST_REPEAT: [2021-07-06 Tue 15:33]
    - State "DONE"       from "TODO" [2021-07-07 Wed 11:26]
    - State "DONE"       from "TODO" [2021-07-06 Tue 15:33]
I was not able to reproduce this correctly, I will try to reproduce it
again later.

I had a difficult time reproducing this one reliably. If I remember correctly, I could only reproduce it when I set a key binding to org-store-link. It is a binding I never use, I only set it because it was in seemingly every org config on the planet when I first started with orgmode, and I certainly don't explicitly invoke it when processing in bulk.

Looking back at my last emails, I realize I have submitted a pretty lousy bug report -- sorry for that! The init.el I used for debugging is attached, though it relies on straight and use-package for reasons of time and convenience. The org settings as-written have reproduced both behaviors reliably for me so far, and removing the "!" from org-todo-keywords has fixed them both. I am a bit pressed for time at the moment, but later today or over the weekend I will put together a more vanilla init.el that hopefully reproduces both problems (or reveals a package conflict...). I have also attached my test file, though it is not substantively different from the one you used yourself in the previous thread.

Best regards,


Attachment: init.el
Description: Text Data

Attachment: test.org
Description: Lotus Organizer

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]