block-like markup to export custom html?

From: Bill White
Subject: block-like markup to export custom html?
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:53:27 -0500 (CDT)

I'm using https://github.com/bastibe/org-static-blog to generate
http://members.wolfram.com/billw <under-construction.gif>

See especially
http://members.wolfram.com/billw/2021-07-05-romanovsky-on-bronstein.html

I have an org file full of these things to denote side-by-side columns of
English and Russian text:

@@html:<div class="grid-container"><div class="grid-child-english">@@
Some English text.
@@html:</div><div class="grid-child-russian" lang="ru">@@
Some Russian text.
@@html:</div></div>@@

===> My question: is there a notion of a custom block-like structure that, upon
export to html (or whatever backend org-static-blog uses), would insert the
inlined html code shown above? I'm imagining something like:

#+begin_multicol
Some English text.
#+break:
Some Russian text
#+end_multicol

to produce this upon export:

Some English text.
Some Russian text.

Background: I'm learning Russian and re-learning chess, and one day I realized
I could translate articles from old Russian chess magazines.

Thanks!

bw
--
"No, ma'am, we're musicians."