Re: Build agenda asynchronously

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Build agenda asynchronously
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 23:28:36 +0800

dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> writes:

> There was a question on Stack-Exchange if it would be possible to build
> *org-agenda* asynchronously. I could not quickly find any good answers
> neither in the mailing lists nor anywhere else.

There was a proof-of-concept code building agenda using Emacs threads:
https://orgmode.org/list/87k172ot2m.fsf@yantar92-laptop.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me/

However, if your agenda is blocking Emacs it will only get worse over
time. Async will not be good enough eventually. I recommend using
org-ql. It should be enough unless your agenda it taking really a lot of
time to build (10s of seconds).

Best,
Ihor