Re: org-attach-use-inheritance inherits from sibling

From: Johan Tolö
Subject: Re: org-attach-use-inheritance inherits from sibling
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 15:28:34 +0200

I cannot reproduce on current main. Are you still seeing this problem?

Yes I believe I am. Also, it does not seem to be an org-attach issue but rather an issue with how org gets properties with inheritance.

If "* Top heading" is the first heading in the buffer with nothing above it, not even a whitespace/newline, then '(org-entry-get nil "id" t)' with point in "* Second heading" will return the id of "Top heading". If there is anything before "Top heading" then 'nil' will be returned.

This happens when I run 'emacs -Q' from within the "lisp" directory of a newly cloned "org-mode" main branch.

This example illustrates the problem: