Re: the tangled web of org-cite, selectrum, completing-read, ...

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: the tangled web of org-cite, selectrum, completing-read, ...
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:43:21 -0400

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 4:09 PM Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 19 Oct 2021 at 22:04, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> >>   1. set =org-cite-basic-author-column= to a larger number
> >
> > You can ignore this step, which is useful (but is not as you report)
> > only when using `basic' insert processor. Here, you're using a different
> > insert processor.
>
> yes, I kind of thought this might be the case in the end (but wasn't
> sure)!  As I don't need to use the basic insert processor any longer, I
> have deleted this line from my configuration.

BTW, per the bibtex-actions README, there are a few other small
packages you want to install for the best experience.

https://github.com/bdarcus/bibtex-actions#installation

For example, consult, in addition to all the convenience commands it
offers, also includes consult-completing-read-multiple, which replaces
default completing-read-multiple with a UI that is much better suited
to these long candidate strings.

Bruce