Re: C-c C-* causes "org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modification

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: C-c C-* causes "org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected."
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 15:59:15 +0800

> Confirmed
> However, I can only trigger the warning up to Emacs 27. Emacs 28 and
> later has no issue.
>
> Need to investigate further.

Fixed via c3f457375. This is another case when Emacs internals
(replace-match) increase buffer-chars-modified-tick. Eventually, this
warning should be disabled and we need to make a patch for Emacs to
trigger cache updates regardless of inhibit-modification-hooks. See
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2021-11/msg01069.html

Best,
Ihor