Re: c47b535bb origin/main org-element: Remove dependency on ‘org-emphasi

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: c47b535bb origin/main org-element: Remove dependency on ‘org-emphasis-regexp-components’
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:01:04 +0800

> My draft version is attached. Ihor, thank you for inspiration. Feel free
> to improve it. I hope, it makes problem more apparent to user who tries
> to customize markers. Have I missed some undesired side effects?

Your version looks a lot better. Thanks!

> Unfortunately with "set" type in defcustom "catch inappropriate" item is
> not hidden for valid configuration.

I am not very familiar with :set customisation. Could you elaborate what
you mean? I do not understand what "catch inappropriate" refers to.

> + ... It is possible to customize
> +~org-emphasis-alist~ variable, but it will be deprecated.

We probably do not need to mention to-be-deprecated variables in manual.
It will only confuse users.

Maybe we should also take a chance and deprecate org-emphasis-alist now?
We can introduce org-bold/italics/... faces and use them in
org-emphasis-alist default value.

Best,
Ihor