Re: Supported Emacs version

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Supported Emacs version
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 07:05:02 +0100

Hi Timothy,

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> I’m tempted to make some patches to remove all the Emacs < 26
> compatibility code if we no longer need it. What do you think?

We should NOT remove this code: many people probably use/need it.

Anything that helps keeping Org compatible with Emacs < 26 is
still useful, the more compatible the better.

If for some reason, some backward-compatibility code becomes too
difficult to maintain then perhaps yes we can remove it, but not
before.

--
 Bastien