Question about using `org-add-note' programmatically

From: Tor Kringeland
Subject: Question about using `org-add-note' programmatically
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 01:57:06 +0100

I'm trying to write a function that adds a note to the current
`org-mode' heading.  Naively I write it as

  (defun my/add-note ()
    (interactive)
    (org-add-note)
    (insert "some text")
    (org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c))

but this does not work.  Calling the function (on a recent build of
Emacs 29) inserts the string "some text" into the current buffer and
then opens up the note from `org-add-note'.  (IIRC this used to work
earlier this year (in September) but I don't know why (nor is it
relevant).)  Currently my solution has been to define the function as a
keyboard macro (using `fset'), which works perfectly, but I do hanker
for a cleaner solution.

Maybe what I want isn't the intended behavior of these `org' functions,
but does someone know how I can achieve what I want in a cleaner way,
than using keyboard macros?