Re: how to export red colored TeX to latex

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: how to export red colored TeX to latex
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:56:00 +0000

Hi,

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Hi
>
> I want to obtain a latex file that contains
>
> \textcolor{red}{$\delta \phi = \frac{2 m}{R}$}
>

> However when I add
> \textcolor{red}{$\delta \phi = \frac{2 m}{R}$}
>
> To an org file and export it as Latex, the construct ends up like this
>

> \textcolor{red}\{\(\delta \phi = \frac{2 m}{R}\)\}
>
> Which is wrong.
>
> Any ideas how to obtain the correctly exported expression?

Not exactly related, but if it helps, I have defined this custom link
for colored text segments:

(NB: I apply two colors for `:face', because normally I use two themes,
one clear for the day and another dark for the night hours: when my dark
theme is active, apply a background color. But you can simplify that part to
your liking):

(org-link-set-parameters "color"
                          ;; :display 'full
                           :face (lambda (path) (when path
                                                  (if (string= (face-attribute
'default :background) "#282c34")
                                                      `(:foreground ,path
:background "#F5f5f5")
                                                    `(:foreground ,path))))
                           :export (lambda (path desc format)
                                     (cond
                                      ((eq format 'latex)
                                       (concat
                                        "\\textcolor{"
                                        path
                                      ((eq format 'html)
                                       (format "<span
                                       style=\"color:%s;\">%s</span>"
                                       path desc)))))

The link would then look like this, adapting John's solution using a
LaTeX export snippet:

[[color:red][@@latex:$\delta \phi = \frac{2 m}{R}$@@]]

Best regards,

Juan Manuel