Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 20:45:18 +0100

Hi,

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, we need to understand what kind of people may be looking to
> orgmode.org website.
>
> 1. Existing emacs users
> 2. Non-emacs users interested in plain text markup
> 3. Non-emacs users interested in GTD/project management, etc
>    "Org mode: your life in plain text" is somewhat relevant when people
>    are looking to manage "life" (typically true for GTD enthusiasts).
> 4. Researchers looking for ipython-like environment
> 5. ??? (Suggestions are welcome)

I don't think that you can come up with a good website that is able
to serve all of them properly.

For Orgdown I had in mind number 2 and 3. For supporting the idea
for Orgdown, I thought of number 1. (Well, that turned out in a
mixed way[1]).

If you do want to have a go-to for people who should use the
Org-mode syntax without the GNU/Emacs tool, you need to have a
separate site.

[1] https://karl-voit.at/2021/12/02/Orgdown-feedback

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/