Re: Way to mark contents of an Org special block as verbatim?

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Way to mark contents of an Org special block as verbatim?
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 18:27:10 +0000

Hi Kaushal,

Kaushal Modi writes:

> I would like to treat that block /like/ how Org treats the latex
> environment blocks, but it needs to be a special block as
> begin_katex/end_katex here is special and it could be a different
> equation rendering backend for another user.
>
> So is that a header switch or arg that can be passed on to this
> special block that enables the verbatim mode (prevent Org from
> replacing the Org entities, do the sub/superscript expansion, etc.)?

I think one possibility would be using a parse tree export filter:

#+BIND: org-export-filter-parse-tree-functions (katex-verbatim)
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
  (defun katex-verbatim (tree backend info)
    (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
      (org-element-map tree 'special-block
        (lambda (block)
          (when (equal "katex" (org-element-property :type block))
            (let ((cont (org-element-interpret-data (org-element-contents
block)))
                  (create-export-snippet ;; idea from Nicolas Goaziou
                   (lambda (v)
                     (org-element-create 'export-snippet (list :back-end
"latex" :value v)))))
              (apply #'org-element-set-contents
                     block
                     (list (funcall create-export-snippet cont))))))
        info)
      tree))
#+end_src

#+begin_katex