Re: [BUG] ob-tangle overrides user customization of org-id-link-to-org-u

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-tangle overrides user customization of org-id-link-to-org-use-id [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ionasal/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/)]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 10:19:33 +0800

Allen Li <darkfeline@felesatra.moe> writes:

>> I agree. The question is whether changing to
>> (defvar org-id-link-to-org-use-id)
>> solves your problem.
>
> Thanks for your concern.  By editing ob-tangle.el, I can confirm that
> changing this does solve my problem.
>
> If I must, I could provide a reproducible example, but I feel like
> that costs unnecessary effort on the part of everyone involved if we
> agree on the above point.

Let me clarify what I am worrying about.
We have 132 occurrences of (defvar foo nil) in the code.
I am genuinely surprised that changing defvar fixed the problem for you
and at the same time nobody reported similar issues with the other 131
defvars. That's why I really want to get a reproducer and understand
what is going on there. So far, I don't understand how defvar can break
anything except in case of some strange compilation/mixed installation
problems.

Best,
Ihor