Re: leading superscript on a line for ODT export

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: leading superscript on a line for ODT export
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 22:15:27 +0700

On 16/03/2022 21:04, Greg Minshall wrote:
hi.

     @@org:@@^1 blah

i'm not familiar with the '@@' construct.  in the manual, searching for
the string "@@", i see references to various =@@foo...=, but not, for
example, =@@org:@@=.

is there a general definition?  might the index (or, one of the indices)
usefully have references to various "special" characters (like "^", "|",
and "@" when used in TODOs, iiuc)?

I have not found definition of export snippet in the manual as well, so:
https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html#Export_Snippets

It is an export snippet that is expanded to nothing and "org" is the backend name (alphanumeric characters). I choose "org" for two reasons: - `org-lint' might report unknown backend (it does not do it currently though and `ox-org' is not loaded by default) - perfect solution should survive after export to org. From my point of view, it is a bug in `ox-org' that it ignores @@org:...@@ (and other) export snippets. My expectation that they should be copied verbatim to allow further export to arbitrary format.

So the main problem with

    @@org:@@^1 one

that it would not work after export to org.

Another solution:

    [[#not-found][{}]^2 two

It works but the price is that really broken links may remain unnoticed.

A custom entity may be better:

#+begin_src elisp :exports (if (org-export-derived-backend-p org-export-current-backend 'org) "sources" "results") :results silent
      (setq org-entities-user '(("relax" "" nil "" "" "")))
    #+end_src

    \relax^3 three

Actually all these recipes are the outcome of flame in the threads about intra-word markup. Notice that a macro expanded to empty string does not work.

P.S. Juan Manuel, I was expecting that you suggested a custom link:

#+begin_src elisp :exports (if (org-export-derived-backend-p org-export-current-backend 'org) "sources" "results") :results silent
      (org-link-set-parameters
       "discard"
       :export (lambda (_path _descr _backend) ""))
    #+end_src

    [[discard:][{}]]^5 four