Re: Move or rename a file in a link

From: João Pedro de Amorim Paula
Subject: Re: Move or rename a file in a link
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:52:33 -0300

On 10 March 2022 14:58, Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> wrote:

> Hi João, Thanks for your comment.

Hello, Juan! I apologize for the delay on responding, I had some issues
with my e-mail account lately.

> Regarding attachments, do you mean org attachments or email attachments?
> Could you give an example of a use case?

I mean org attachments. I use org-attach extensively to store documents
with notes. So I'd have a heading like so

* Documents
:PROPERTIES:
:DIR: data/docs/
:END:

- [[Registration][attachment:registration.pdf]] :: My registration.

And say I'd like to rename the file. I would need to rename it inside
data/docs and I would also need to edit the link, so I would like to
have a way to do it automatically. I just got a computer back so I will
be trying to adapt what you did to work with org-attach, but if you
figure out a way to do it as well, please, let me know.

João Pedro de Amorim Paula
IT undergraduate at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)