Re: [BUG] org-cite does not support techreport, mastersthesis, phdthesis

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-cite does not support techreport, mastersthesis, phdthesis, and conference entries [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-426-gf6813d @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 12:09:32 +0100

On Friday,  8 Apr 2022 at 00:44, Olaf Trygve Berglihn wrote:
> When using the @techreport, @mastersthesis, @phdthesis, and @conference
> org-cite
> fails to find the entry.  Export to some formats fails due to this.

I have tried this and it is true that org cite fails but only for
mastersthesis and conference, in my case, with org up to date as of a
few minutes ago.

According to https://www.bibtex.com/e/entry-types/, conference as a type
was only included for compatibility with Scribe (as either proceedings
or inproceedings do the job) but the others are definitely in the list
and should be supported, I guess.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-426-gf6813d in Emacs 29.0.50