Re: [BUG] buffer displays incorrectly after capture

From: Skip Collins
Subject: Re: [BUG] buffer displays incorrectly after capture
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:58:24 -0400

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 4:48 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixed in 2d6f26c05 on main. And no, it was not that easy to fix.
> Captured headlines may or may not need to be unfolded.

Thanks. I confirm that behavior is correct for folded level 1
headlines. But the problem still exists at level 2 and deeper:
1. Open emacs with an empty file:
emacs test.org

2. From emacs, enable auto-revert-mode:
M-x auto-revert-mode

3. From a shell, add text to the file:
echo "* foo\nsome text\n** bar\nmore text\n" >>test.org

4. From emacs, cycle global visibility twice, so that the second level
headline is visible but folded:
S-TAB S-TAB

5. Observe the two folded headlines:
* foo...
** bar...

6. From the shell, add another level 2 headline at the end of the file:
echo "** baz\n" >>test.org

7. Observe that the new level 2 headline is not displayed as expected:
* foo...
** bar...

8. From emacs, move the cursor onto the "** bar" headline and cycle visibility:
TAB

9. Observe that the new level 2 headline still does not appear, but a
misplaced folding ellipsis does appear at the end:
* foo...
** bar
more text

10. Cycle global visibility twice:
S-TAB S-TAB

11. Observe the correct display of all headlines:
* foo...
** bar...
** baz