Re: Is there a maintained calf-calendar fork?

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Is there a maintained calf-calendar fork?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 21:02:17 -0400

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> within a calendar: https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-calfw
>
> But it seems to be unmaintained.
>
> Is there some *recommended *fork on Github with corrected bugs or new
> functions?

I don't know about *recommended*, however I do see at least a couple
names I recognize in the list of forks (jweigley, syohex)[0].

I do not know of a way, in the GitHub UI (or through their API) to see
which one of those forks might be ahead by the most number of
commits[1].  Which means instead clicking on each one manually and
looking at it.  If there is some better way, I would love to know about
it.

> Offtopic if the answer to the above question is affirmative: could it
> be on MELPA? Can MELPA change to new forks?

I also see emacsmirror in the list.  Maybe raise an issue there (or at
Emacs Orphanage, etc.), maybe they know something more.

Finally, there is always the option of picking up maintenance yourself.
It often begins simply enough, fixing something that broke for
yourself...  Next thing you know you are sharing those patches, before
you know it... you are suddenly maintaining a package.  :)

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,
TRS-80

[0] https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-calfw/network/members

[1] Not that this is a guarantee of anything, but it is one indication.