Re: oc-basic "Wrong value for ENTRY-OR-KEY" error on emacs master (29.x)

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: oc-basic "Wrong value for ENTRY-OR-KEY" error on emacs master (29.x) [Was: Bibliographies on export with ox-context and ox-epub]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 17:33:06 -0400

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 10:21 AM Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone using emacs
> built from master branch confirm that they see this same error when
> `org-cite-process-bibliography` is called? It should be reproducible
> without using ox-hugo too.

Alright I was able to confirm this possibly upstream bug on Emacs 29
after building it from source.

Here's a minimal test recipe:

=====
#+title: "Wrong value for ENTRY-OR-KEY: nil" error on Emacs 29

#+bibliography: test.bib

#+begin_src bib :tangle test.bib
@article{Foo,
         author={Bar},
         journal={Zoo},
         title={Foo by Bar},
         year={2021}}
#+end_src

[cite:@Foo]

#+print_bibliography:

Evaluate the below code block.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results none
(org-babel-tangle)
(org-export-as 'ascii)
#+end_src
=====

1. Open the above file in Emacs.
2. Run C-c C-c in that emacs-lisp code block

On Emacs 28: No error
On Emacs 29: org-cite-basic--get-field: Wrong value for ENTRY-OR-KEY: nil