Re: Opening org-cite links with different application

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: Opening org-cite links with different application
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 18:24:12 +0200

Thanks for the suggestion! I wasn't aware of shell-quote-argument, now
it seems much more robust:

(setq citar-file-open-function '(lambda (file)
                                  (async-shell-command (format-message
                                  "sioyek %s" (shell-quote-argument
                                  file)))))

I can't use browse-url-xdg-open because the PDF viewer I want to use
it's not the system default one: when opening PDFs from Org-cite I
expect to open academic documents, so I use Sioyek for them.

However, this creates an annoying problem: now if I want to open two
documents, when opening the second link Emacs asks "A command is running
in the default buffer. Use a new buffer? (yes on no) " which is very
annoying. I suppose that with xdg there's no problem. Do you have any
idea how to make Emacs "not worry" about output buffers?

Alessandro

P.S. I'm afraid I can't follow you: what's the point with mailcap?