Re: Folded headlines with text showing where it shouldn't

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Folded headlines with text showing where it shouldn't
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 17:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

On 31 May 2022, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

For me, this looks like either a mixed installation (please post the
output of M-x org-version) or some third-party package misbehaving.

M-x org-version says:

Org mode version 9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-511-g8e69ad @
/usr/local/src/org-mode/lisp/)

Can you try to open that file from emacs -Q? See
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

It's not just that file, it's been happening recently with almost all my Org files, now and then. I'll try with -Q and work on a file for a while and see if I can recreate the problem.

Is there anything from all your excellent folding work that would let me check some value or variable that would be helpful when I see such a problem? Some way of inspecting the state of something that might be useful?

Thanks,

Bill

--
William Denton