Re: Is ob-latex maintained ?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: Is ob-latex maintained ?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:17:44 -1000

Aloha Edouard,

According to the table of core languages supported by Babel, https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/index.html, there is no maintainer for ob-latex.

The information in the table is taken from the ob-*.el files, which indicate a maintainer if there is one.

hth,
Tom

Edouard Debry <edouard.debry@gmail.com> writes:

Indeed, you can make the src block work (produce a png) by adding imagemagick in the src block. It works because the generation process
is completely different.

But my main concern is that there is a bug in "ob-latex" : when you want to produce a png without imagemagick, either it does not work, although
it should, or it produces a svg !

By the way, I did ask on this mailing list a previous question about
generating svg from tikz/latex src blocks. It did not work with
imagemagick, but it works well without (also with htlatex), provided
your default settings is 'dvisvgm.

This is also why I wonder if there is a maintainer for "ob-latex", such
previously mentioned bug should/could be corrected.

Regards